The Asthma UK Centre for Applied Research has opened another competitive call for applications for a PhD travel fellowship, to attend a conference up until the end of January 2020.
The bursary will be a maximum of £300 for an overseas conference and a maximum of £200 for a UK conference. It can go towards travel, accommodation and/or registration fees.
In this instance the Call is open for any relevant conference. All students, including students who have submitted and had their viva but not yet graduated by the time of the conference are eligible to apply.
The points the panel will be looking at in order of importance are:
- Having an abstract accepted (you may submit the bursary application prior to acceptance but the condition of the award will be that the abstract is accepted)
- A strong case for support for the specific conference.
- Final year PhD student
- Unable to get other source of support
- Timing and amount of any previous travel fellowship(s) from the Asthma UK Centre for Applied Research
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the bursary, please submit the following information to Lauren Blake (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 30th September 2019.
- Your abstract
- The type of presentation you will do (or anticipate to do)
- Conference name and date
- Amount of funding requested with brief justification
- Short paragraph (max. 250 words) on why it would be beneficial for you to attend the conference and what you aim to get out of it.
This information will be sent for peer-review and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Image credit: kasto80/Getty Images