According to Asthma UK, 5.4 million people in the UK receive treatment for asthma. Research studies are key to finding solutions for preventing asthma, and also for helping people to manage their symptoms on a daily basis.
We know that many people who would like to take part in asthma studies never hear about opportunities to take part. Likewise, researchers often have difficulty finding enough people to take part in their studies. Especially if they are looking for people of a certain age, or a particular gender, or with a particular type of asthma.
This is where REACH comes in.
1. It's your chance to take part in asthma research. By adding your information to the REACH register, researchers can contact you if your details match their study. You choose whether to take part.
2. Help make daily life better for you and others with asthma. Research studies are essential to finding solutions which can help people with asthma to manage their symptoms in their day-to-day lives.
3. Increase what we know about asthma. 12% of the UK population have been diagnosed with asthma. Through research, we can build a better picture of the condition.
4. Help healthcare professionals improve treatment. 5.4 million people in the UK receive treatment for asthma. With research, we can help improve treatments and care.
5. Learn more about asthma and new treatments. If you choose to take part in a study, as well as helping researchers to learn more about the condition, you may also learn something yourself!
Learn more about how REACH will protect your information in our Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about how your data is kept safe, or anything else to do with REACH, then just contact the REACH team